The United Home Life 2019 Winner's Circle Destination is the Islands of Malta. Check out the details below.
Some Facts About Malta:
- It's an archipelago but only the three largest islands are inhabited (Malta, Gozo, and Comino).
- It has a rich history stretching back to 5200 BC.
- It's a member of the European Union, the United Nations, and a member state of the British Commonwealth of Nations.
- King George VI of the United Kingdom awarded Malta the George Cross for the then-British colony's bravery during World War II. This cross appears on Malta's national flag which is white and red.
- The Knights Hospitallers of St John gave one of Malta's best-known symbols to the world: the eight-pointed Maltese Cross. It is today, the symbol of the Sovereign Military Order Of Malta.
- Situated in the central Mediterranean, it is north of Libya, east of Tunisia, and south of Italy.
- The official language is English and Maltese is its national language.